Be good for goodness sake

My wee supermarket was a gathering point for those of us needing a confectionery sugar fix.
One of the most memorable days in my three year tenure was when a 95 year old lady walked in looking flustered and forlorn. We took her into the office and offered her a cup of tea to calm her down.

Upon enquiring what was wrong, we ascertained that she had lost her handbag on the local bus. So after an 'Inspector Clouseau' moment of fact finding, we reckoned the bus was on its way to Dundonald and was likely to soon be on its return trip. I then ventured out in my car and managed to stop in front of the bus . Upon speaking with the driver, I found out that some honest person had handed it in.Yeh - mission accomplished! When I returned to the supermarket with the lost bag, the lady was elated as she was now able to get her house keys and return home.

The lady had a housekeeper who, a little time later, came in to the shop to ask me my name. Shortly afterwards I was presented with a silver Cross pen with my name engraved down the side. Such a generous lady who demonstrated her appreciation by this very kind gesture.

Sometimes we are the answer to the prayers of others.

So at this Christmas please "be good for goodness sake"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World