Sweet and Sour Christingles

Slimming World has been my weigh-in station since September 2018. This community group has helped me loose weight while enjoying great craic with various people with a similar aspiration.

Tomorrow is our festive bash, with everyone dressing up and bringing  along a slimming world recipe for us to all to sample.

I'm making Christingles.
I think the last time I made them I was in school! O how the years are flying by. I bet you wanna make some. In true Blue Peter tradition here's what you need.

Several mandarins, red ribbon, birthday candles, whole cloves, cocktail sticks and goodies - sweets and sour - to put on the cocktail sticks.This includes cheese, grapes, cherries, marshmallows, soft centred sweets & a variety of pickles.

There is amazing symbolism in all the elements that go to make up the Christingles.
I could tell you them but you'll learn more if you do a Google search under the word Christingle.

In the proverbial words of an old sage: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, the honour of a kings is to search out a matter"

Happy searching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World