Compliments from unexpected quarters

I was on a train journey this morning and asked the conductor for a ticket. After he processed my free sexagenarian train pass, with unexpected dry whit he said "where did you steal that from"?
I was for once quick out of the blocks and retorted "you've made my day", as the inference was I was too young to have a 60 something train pass.
At lunch when my quinquagenarian wife (50 something) was about to order a carafe of wine, she was jokingly asked "Are you old enough to order that madam? My wife loves to be asked for ID!
He then went on to insult me, quipping: "I see you are with your father today?"
In Belfast we call that being a "cheeky slabber" - but in Northern Ireland banter and slagging come with turf.
Go on complement someone today -make their day . Let me know their reaction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World