Have coffee will travel


Santa was good to me and brought me an all singing and dancing coffee bean grinder. It has all the ground bean settings, depending on which method you prefer for brewing. I mainly use the cafetière (French press) setting but with the recent acquisition of an expresso coffee machine also use filter setting. It has coarse to fine settings covering every brewing method eventuality including aeropress. It's a cracker piece of kit.

January has therefore been a month of experimenting with a variety of beans from far-flung corners of the globe.

Along with this new hobby I have the distinct advantage of having SD Bells literally on my doorstep. Established in 1887, SD Bells is Ireland's oldest tea importers and coffee roasters. This emporium is my go to place to check out the varieties on offer.

I've tried quite a lot. Even the expensive Jamaican Blue Mountain. It's a matter of personal taste though. So I haven't got caught up in the speciality roast subscriptions, as I have landed liking the Asda (US Walmart) Columbian bean. At two bags for a fiver it is great tasting coffee at a great price.

In my workplace I can buy Starbucks coffee, but at around £2 a pop that works out at £500 a year!

I have just invested in a tamper and a metal jug in the event anyone wants a latte.

Bodum do a travel cafetière which means I now bring my ground coffee into work, have good coffee and save over what I could otherwise have spent.

Just in time for the arrival of my American chum who loves his coffee too.

Anyone out there receive a useful Christmas gift?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World