Love is...being a shopping mule

Stardate 12/1/19

Men are from Mars and women are from Venus, especially when it comes to shopping.

Shopping on my own is so easy - you see, you try it on and then you buy - simple eh!

Not if you are with a woman though.

Living "on Venus" is very different than living "on Mars"!

My wife has today  been looking  for a new handbag. After ruling out the usual suspects in House of Fraser, TK Maxx and Debenhams, yes, you've guessed it - back to House of Fraser for the one we saw five hours ago!

Every handbag scrutenized, felt for texture & quality, zips tested for security and then each capacity checked to ensure it was able to fit everything inside ("everything but the kitchen sink"!)

My wife says she isn't a "shopper." This word probably does here a great disservice. More like a 'scavenger', hunting down every option before she changes her mind to choose the one she had previously seen in the other shop.

I'm outside another changing room, loitering, guarding the bags filled with the shopping gathered so far.

I wonder how many more rails are to be perused today?

"Let's just nip in here," I here her say, as she beckons me into a shoe shop.

A visit to Patessierie Valerie for a coffee and a sugar fix and we are off again in pursuit of retail merchandise. The 'mule' has been fed and watered.

I'm waiting now at another shop door trying not to glaze over.

Another shoe shop and yes she has made another successful purchase.

I realise now that the lunch out in the town was a complete con. She knew all along that what she had said to me about "having a wee browse" was really a ploy for me to be her shopping mule for the day.

Monsoon, Phase Eight and the revisit to HOF and I think we're done.

This shopping marathon is  a totally different approach to mine, nonetheless, she tells me the day has been successful.

The credit card has taken a battering, but like l'Oriel "she's worth it."

Love is...

Any male "shopping mules" out there in blogger land that can identify?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World