What is your free coffee?

Every Friday 'Joe Public' are offered free coffee at Sydenham railway Station.
These charitable donors belong to Sydenham Methodist church. The volunteers have sacrificially taken the time to fill pump pots with hot water, set up a table along with hot coffee and tea. Anyone who stops is served with a pleasant good morning and gets their hot beverage F.O.C.
This is particularly welcome on a cold winter's morning, but then coffee is good no matter what the weather.
Why do volunteers do this?
What motivates them?
Why do they do it free?
I don't know all these answers but I do know their "boss". He said "as much as you've done it onto the least of these, you've done it onto me." I'm sure He is pleased.
Faith or no faith, what kind act can you do today? The milk of human kindness can be expressed in such a variety of random acts of kindness.
I have a sister who just loves to shower people with gifts. Maybe you're a gift giver. Maybe you can think of someone in your life who would appreciate a bunch of flowers or a bottle of wine. In my work we have a person who makes sure there is a constant supply of chocolate.
Make a difference today.
Make someone's day.
"Make this world a better for you and for me and the entire human race"... (I feel a song coming on:)
What do you give back?
What is your "free cup of coffee" equivalent?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World