Where the mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea

It's some of the most breathtaking, beautiful and iconic scenery in the world and it's literally on my doorstep. A one hour drive south from Belfast and a wee stroll from the main road car park and I've arrived at Murlough bay. It is simply glorious...I even managed to relax on the sandy beach and 'soak in some rays,' as the girls went for a dander.

As I look toward Newcastle the backdrop is majestic, seeing the view of the mountains of Mourne sweeping down to the sea.

Today's journey is to celebrate my sister in law's birthday, so we stopped off for a late breakfast in the chic cafe in the Montalto estate near Ballynahinch.

If you ever come to Ireland make sure you come this way. If you are a golfer you could even play Royal County Down and let me tell you, it's a very challenging links course. My friend Tim and I have ticked this one off our bucketlist.

This place is a tonic for the soul.

Off now for a wee beverage in Percy French's, then to surprise my sister in law with an impromtu barbeque in Donard Park.

Then the piece de resistance. A final surprise as a few of our nearest and dearest are lined up to surprise her with a  birthday party when we arrive home.

What a great day.

I love it when a cunning plan come together

#lovemysisinlawshesjustthegreatest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World