Never give up, you just never know...



Do you know your words have a power within them?

You can use them to encourage or discourage.

You can use them to build someone up or conversely use them to pull someone down.

The words you write or speak to others can leave a huge impact and create a lasting memory--either good or bad--so it's really important to choose them wisely.

Words can make or break a relationship and your choice of words and the way you express yourself can accelerate or kill your career prospects.

Last December one of my wife's schooltime girlfriend's (Mrs C), suggested that I apply for a certain job, as she kindly thought of me and reckoned that I possibly matched the criteria. Isn't it great when someone believes in you. There is something about encouragement that makes you say "I can," even if you may suffer rejection in the process.

It's said " That if you're not in you can't win!" So I put my "hat in the ring," so to speak. Well what do you know. I was shortlisted. I was so close and was just a tad frustrated in not landing the post.

However I believe "that all things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are the called according to His purposes," (Rom 8:28) Nothing is by accident. Nothing happens by chance.

The chap who led the job interview was a blogger. As I read his blogs I said to myself - I'm going to try this and see if anyone cares to read mine.

One thing led to another and you will not believe it - I have had a readership to date of around 9000, people from all across the world, in the seven months since I started.

Another story of this "you just never know" started in 2003. It was then I owned a supermarket and my son's all worked behind the tills in their spare time. My eldest lad subsequently worked in a men's outfitters, selling suits and school uniforms during school holidays. While at Uni he took his CV into Belfast and approached several retailers, one being the owner of a popular men's clothing store. The owner said he'd try him out and asked him to come and work for him part time.

Long story short he now buys clothes from the suppliers and is a director in this family run business.

Again one thing led to another..."all things worked together for good."

Encourage someone today.
Your words matter.
Use them wisely.

You could be the link in someone's life journey.


You just never know who you are influencing.

#wordsmatter
#linkinachain
#onethingleadstoanother
#peopleofinfluence
#thanksMrsC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World