Intention & Incentive

Losing weíght ain't easy, particularly when you are on medication and you just love your grub. It is hard work actually. So rather than redouble efforts at adjusting my dietary intake, at 62 years old, I have decided to do more exercise. My wife reckons I need to be signed off first by a GP!

I also walked past my adult son jogging on the towpath this week en route to his work. Seeing his example is another catalyst for changing my old sedentary limited-walking habit.

I put a few pounds on this week at Slimming World, so I have a newfound resolve, proposing to the group that I would lose 3lbs for next Wednesday. Mark my words, starting tonight after work, Thursday 8th August, I start my Body Magic 'walk & run' regime.

I've been making Slimming World meals, but the problem is that I'm munching on too many treats between meals! So this is my intentional effort to stop yo-yoing.

Stephen Nolan, our local chat show host, was doing so well until he went to the USA and put on 22lbs. He's back home and hoping to loose a further 2 stone by November taking him to 13stone. That is rather drastic, I just hope he can maintain his extremely rigourous regime.

Stephen tweeted today "Had major wobble
As most addicts do
My addiction is food
Hit 15st 13lbs this morning-8 Aug
Was 14st 3lbs July 1 from
22st 9lbs Nov 2018
I woke up this morning promising myself I’m not going into 16st
I have no more wriggle room
Not a 1lb wiggle room
On the brink either way
In gym now."
I do like his 'can do' attitude.

They say that "if you never had a target you'll never hit it." So with that in mind I am aiming for a realistic 1 stone (14lbs) off by our trip to Houston 9th November.

If I do this I'll be over the moon, plus I have a snazzy new shirt 'Size Large,' (given to me as a prezzie), which I want to fit into.

I have both intention and incentive. As they say in Nike "just do it"!


Go on my son!

930pm Just completed 3.7km walk & run with my son Stephen💥

9th August -830pm  just completed 3km walk & run with my son David💥

11th August - 330pm work out weights and running with Jonathan @Bradley barbells💥

12th August - 645pm brisk 4 mile walk to Kinnegar SS return💥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World