A refuge in times of trouble


An old Psalm came back to mind this morning to encourage my heart and mind while going through a troubling situation. 

"God is our refuge, and God is our strength, A very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

When we find ourselves between 'a rock and a hard place' it's good to know we have a Risen Lord who "ever lives to make intercession for us'. He is "a very present help in trouble." 

The scriptures are such a great source of comfort and encouragement. 

We all encounter trouble in some form or other. No matter how intrusive the upset or setback, we can be assured that His presence is with us, every minute of every day. Knowing this can bring a great calm in the midst of our personal storm. 

Personalize these as you read:

"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."(Heb 4:16)

"Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honour him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation." (Psalm 91:14-16) 

"In my distress I called upon the Lord... He rescued me from my strong enemy and from those who hated me, for they were too mighty for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a broad place; He rescued me, because He delighted in me" (Psalm 18:6-19). 

You are not alone. 
God's on your side. 

Listen as Belfast Community Gospel Choir reinforce the message. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World