From DBR to RAG

When I look at the Gospel narratives I see Jesus' earthly ministry demonstrated primarily as teaching, preaching and healing. 

His Death Burial and Resurrection (DBR) has wonderfully redeemed and reconciled us to God. 

That's were a lot of Christians camp! 

Many scholars however classify Jesus' ministry in three phases:as Prophet, as Priest & as King. 

1.His (past) earthly life is as Prophet

2.His present life is as Priest

3.His future life, at his second coming, is as King

My thoughts today take me to His priestly ministry as our Risen, Ascended and Glorified (R.A.G.) Lord. 


When we dig a little deeper, in the New Testament we see some of what this priestly ministry of Jesus entails. 

He is... 

Our Mediator (1 Tim 2:5)
Our Representative (Heb 9:24)
Our Advovate (1 John 2:1)
Our Intercessor (Heb 7:25)

I suppose what I'm rediscovering from scripture is that, yes, Jesus redemptive work (DBR) gives us a get out of hell card, but we must look deeper at all the Kingdom purposes that flow from redemption. Jesus R. A. G. means Jesus is alive today and working as our great high priest. 

Think of Jesus - Risen, Ascended and Glorified - advocating and mediating to the Father on our behalf. 
We can pray our puny prayers knowing "He ever lives to make intercession for us.' Jesus is praying for us. 

Jesus is RAG! . 

Selah. 

Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea
A great High Priest whose name is love
Who ever lives and pleads for me
My name is graven on His hands
My name is written on His heart
I know that while in heav'n He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart
No tongue can bid me thence depart

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin
Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free
For God the Just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me

Behold Him there, the risen Lamb
My perfect, spotless Righteousness
The great unchangeable I AM
The King of glory and of grace
One with Himself, I cannot die
My soul is purchased by His blood
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ my Saviour and my God

One with Himself, I cannot die
My soul is purchased by His blood
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ my Saviour and my God
With Christ my Saviour and my God
With Christ my Saviour and my God

Listen and bask in His great love. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World