Connected

Matthew 11:28-30

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Jesus invitation is 5-fold:

...Come to me is responding to His invitation
...Get away with me is experiencing His retreat
...Walk with me is enjoying His journey 
...Learn from me is knowing Him as teacher
...Keep company with me is knowing Him as guide

The KJV says "come unto me... Take my yoke upon you and learn of me"
The picture here is an agricultural one, namely that of a young bullock being harnessed by a yoke to an older bull. When the yoke is linked to the plough the older bull helps the young bullock plough straight furrows.

Likewise, when we are "connected" to Jesus by faith we are guided by His wisdom and strength to live life according to His will.

Take 5 minutes in prayer today to:

...Come to Jesus
...Get away with Jesus
...Walk with Jesus
...Learn from Jesus
...Keep company with Jesus. 

When our mission is "to know Him and to make Him known" we're promised that we'll beat burnout and live freely and lightly. 

May you "connect" with Jesus and know His unforced rythmns of grace today. 

Selah. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World