Indelible Love



Three verses. 

14 But Zion (Israel) said, “The Lord has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me.”
15 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me
(Isaiah 49:14-16) 

Sometimes we need reminded of that we are "unforgettable"  to the Lord. It is impossible for Him to forget us! 

The illustration used in the scripture here, is that of the loving-compassion of a mother for her suckling baby. 

As doting grandparents we look adoringly at our newborn grandkids and yet witness the even greater love of their mums. 

The scripture reminds us that even a mothers love forgets at times, yet God's love never ever forgets us.

Just as a stone mason inscribes names and dates on a headstone, so God has "engraved us on the palms of His hands.

Maybe when we meet Jesus, as the Fanny Crosby song lyrics says, "we will know him by the nail prints in his hands." 

(1) When my life work is ended, and I cross the swelling tide,

When the bright and glorious morning I shall see

I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side,

And His smile will be the first to welcome me.

Chorus:

I shall know Him, I shall know Him

And redeemed by His side, I shall stand.

I shall know Him, I shall know Him,

By the print of the nails in His hand.



(2) Oh, the soul thrilling rapture when I view His blessed face

And the luster of His kindly beaming eye;

How my full heart will praise Him for the mercy, love, and grace

That prepared for me a mansion in the sky.

Chorus"

I shall know Him, I shall know Him

And redeemed by His side, I shall stand.

I shall know Him, I shall know Him,

By the print of the nails in His hand.



(3) Oh, the dear ones in glory, how they beckon me to come,

And our parting at the river I recall;

To the sweet vales of Eden they will sing my welcome home,

But I long to meet my Saviour first of all.

Chorus:

I shall know Him, I shall know Him

And redeemed by His side, I shall stand.

I shall know Him, I shall know Him,

By the print of the nails in His hand.



(4) Thro' the gates of the city in a robe of spotless white,

He will lead me where no tears will ever fall;

In the glad song of ages I shall mingle with delight,

But I long to meet my Saviour first of all.

Chorus:

I shall know Him, I shall know Him

And redeemed by His side, I shall stand.

I shall know Him, I shall know Him,

By the print of the nails in His hand


Now that's what I call indelible love - as the doubting Thomas witnessed (John 20:27)., these are marks of love that cannot be removed. Selah. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World