New for Old

I do a deep clean of my aquarium about once every few months. This entails a total spring clean, replenishing one third of the water with fresh water and trimming back the plants. It involves vacuuming the substrate and cleaning the filter thoroughly, replacing the three dirty filter levels with clean ones. It takes me around three hours to complete. It's a labour of love,giving my fish a healthy environment. 

However, the old filter head had unfortunately sprung a leak. Thankfully the floor the aquarium rests on is tiled, so I was able to mop up the puddle caused by the faulty filter head. I tried several things to fix the leak but the old head just needed replacing. 

A quick visit to my favourite aquatics store and I was able to replace the faulty head unit with a new one. You've no idea how happy I was to get the old filter head replaced with a brand new one. 

Christianity is just like that. It is a royal exchange by the Spirit - new for old. Don't try to fix yourself. Accept God's gift of new life in Jesus. 

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here (2 Cor 5:17) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My big sister

CHURCH AT HOME - 40+ Charismatic Churches in Northern Ireland

December 2nd - Behold, The Light of the World